If more than one DJ performs on your station, you may find it desirable to delegate limited access of the control panel to each DJ. This is made possible through the use of DJ accounts.
Creating a DJ Account
To create a DJ account:
- In the navigation panel at the left-hand side of the screen, click
DJsunder the Configuration heading.
- Click the
Create DJ accountlink at the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter a username, password, and name for the DJ in the appropriate fields.
- Configure privileges for the DJ. A number of privileges are available, and any combination of privileges can be assigned to each DJ:
- Start/stop the stream – Allows the DJ to start or stop the streaming server.
- Start/stop the autoDJ – Allows the DJ to start or stop the AutoDJ only. For SHOUTcast v1 servers, this is required in order for a DJ to begin a live broadcast.
- Manage playlist settings – Allows the DJ to modify the AutoDJ’s playlist settings.
- Access media library – Allows the DJ to access the media library and add/remove tracks to/from playlists.
- Manage media files – Allows the DJ to access the file manager and upload, move, rename, and delete the files for your stream.
- Full FTP access – Allows the DJ to use his username and password to log in via FTP and access all files for your stream. Also grants Manage media files permission.
- Private FTP folder – Provides a private folder under
media/dj/djusername/in which the DJ can upload and manage his own private set of media files via FTP or the file manager.
- View statistics – Allows the DJ to view the statistics for the stream.
- View listeners – Allows the DJ to view the current listeners for the stream.
- View logs – Allows the DJ to view the log files for the stream.
Saveto save the new DJ account.