We have become aware of a slight bug in Centova Cast which is occurring if your account has been slightly misconfigured on your end at some point in the past.
You may be thinking “but my server was working before – why is this an issue now?” – essentially a recent Centova patch changed the settings behind how your stream starts. Because of this, the error which was ignored by Centova before, now stops your server from beginning.
What is the error?
If you see the following message when you start your server:
Server Stream could not be started: Application liquidsoap exited immediately after startup.
Then the following fix should resolve your issue.
So how do I fix it?
Don’t worry though, it’s a really easy fix which will have you back on air in seconds (literally).
- Log into your Centova account as normal and click Settings.
- Make your way to Mount Points (the second to last tab of your menu)
- Click Create New (so a new mount point is created below your current /stream mount).
- This will now show two mount points in your account.
- Now click Update.
- Remember to Restart your server for the changes to take effect.
- Now you will be able to go on air by clicking Start server.
If you continue to have issues, please get in touch with our support team and we will work you through the problem as quickly as possible.