How do I setup my Authhash?
When running a SHOUTcast server, you’ll want to ensure your AuthHash is setup correctly.
What is a Authhash you ask? Basically, it’s metadata that allows your station to be picked up by SHOUTcast.com’s directory, opening your stream to millions of daily listeners.
So how do I do it?
- You’ll need to get to the SHOUTcast D.N.A.S admin page (this sounds way more confusing than it is, we promise, stick with us).
- To do so, login to your Centova account as per normal.
- Now click Admin, found in your left-hand navigation.
- Brilliant, now you’re on the SHOUTcast D.N.A.S summary page.
Make your way to the top right hand corner before clicking Server Login.
- A modal popup will appear, asking for your login credentials. Try these:
Password: (The admin password you use to login to your Centova account).
- Awesome, we’re almost there. Now click Create Authhash.
- Fill in the details as requested.
- Save and refresh.
- Congrats! Your station will now be public and should appear in the SHOUTcast.com directory within 5 minutes.