How do I setup my Authhash?
The following article is deprecated as of SHOUTcast v2.6.
Please contact the Support Department for assistance.
When running a SHOUTcast server, you’ll want to ensure your AuthHash is setup correctly.
What is an Authhash you ask? Basically, it’s metadata that allows your station to be picked up by SHOUTcast.com’s directory, opening your stream to millions of daily listeners.
So how do I do it?
- You’ll need to get to the SHOUTcast D.N.A.S admin page (this sounds way more confusing than it is, we promise, stick with us).
- To do so, login to your Centova account as per normal.
- Now click Admin, found in the left-hand navigation.
- Brilliant, now you’re on the SHOUTcast D.N.A.S summary page.
Make your way to the top right hand corner before clicking Server Login.
- A modal popup will appear, asking for your login credentials. Try these:
Password: (The admin password you use to login to your Centova account).
- Awesome, we’re almost there. Now click Create Authhash.
- Fill in the details as requested.
- Save and refresh.
- Congrats! Your station will now be public and should appear in the SHOUTcast.com directory within 5 minutes.